Air Data’s seasoned design team has experience in a wide variety of power loads from very low noise voltage source to high power voltage source and digital circuitry.
Air Data power controllers and power supplies are designed to meet all applicable aircraft environmental requirements.
Generator Regulator Control Unit (GRCU)
The Generator Regulator Control Unit (GRCU) regulates the voltage of a nominal 28VDC/200A generator-starter conforming to MIL-G-6162 for single or multi-engine aircraft. The GRCU provides DC power conforming to limits specified in MIL-STD-704F. The GRCU is designed to share the current load of a second GRCU to regulate a twin-generator 28 VDC electrical power system.
- Easily adaptable for various types of aircraft
- Voltage regulation
- 7-position voltage setting (27.0 to 29.0 VDC)
- Reverse and over current protection
- Overvoltage and undervoltage protection
- Line contactor control with short circuit protection
- Generator field control with short circuit protection
- Floating pin detection protection
- Current or load sharing (voltage regulation) in a dual configuration
- Cross-start (current regulation) in a dual configuration
- Fully digital sequencing control
- Gen. Out and Degraded indicators outputs
- Over current discrete output
- No scheduled maintenance required